Tuesday 19 February 2013

Time For Change

Four days ago I turned 33. Yep, I'm now officially older than Jesus.

Everybody talks about turning 30 as some big crisis but for me it wasn't so bad. It has been every year sense that causes me to go into some kind of existential panic and to reassess what exactly are my priorities in life.

This year I am finishing my degree, only one semester left, so the crisis seems somewhat heightened than it was at 32. Now more than ever I feel a need to assess where I am in my life and what I am doing with it and whether I feel I'm heading in the right direction.

In this blog I aim to document my mini personal revolution as I investigate my politics, my impact on the planet and my life direction.

My starting goals can be boiled down to one word: SIMPLIFY aka LESS STUFF

This in turn is split into two forms:

Material - Investigate how to drop out of consumerism as much as possible (stop being distracted by shiny things) and how to lessen my negative impact on the planet.

Intellectual - Calm the crap down! - Stop trying to crowd the mind to hide any feeling of lack - more yoga? meditation?  - DEFINITELY more spirituality.

As well as documenting my transition I hope to be able to include books, blogs, films etc that have inspired/inspire me.

While the writing down of these things is purely for my own benefit, in order to get things straight in my own head, if anybody else gets any benefit from it then all the better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment